Saturday, September 10, 2011

VERONA: VISITING ROMEO and JULIET's ABODES

[Verona Colosseum]
[Italian Good Luck]
A group and I took an hour train ride from Vicenza to Verona for the afternoon. When we arrived in Verona, we walked for about ten minutes in another burning sun, and decided to stop by and order iced drinks. For the first time, I finished my cherry iced large drink! Walking further, we saw another colosseum from the outside, but this seemed smaller than the one in Rome. As we walked passed this colosseum, on the way to Juliet's house, we passed by some brand-named shops and gelaterias, which brought us back to a piece if Lucca... We followed the directions, which pointed to Juliet's house. Before entering the main walkway, we saw the walls covered with graffiti and bubble gums. The place was crowded with tourists yet again! After getting through the crowd, I saw the beautiful, red, bricked veranda and Juliet's house where the movie "Letters to Juliet" was taken. I had a picture with Juliet's statue, as I placed my right hand underneath her right breast. They said it was good luck... The guys, most especially, were all excited to do this... Then, we went inside which looked like an apron shop, but further inside was a stairway which led to a small place, where anyone interested in writing to Juliet could do so... I wrote a letter to Juliet about my special someone and myself. I wonder if I'll get a reply in the mail anytime soon. Afterwards, we visited Romeo's house, which is presently a private residential area. Both near the entrance of Juliet and Romeo's houses were written quotes taken from Shakespeare's tragedy novel. After much walking, we decided to rest near this forum, where we took some jumping group pics. We ended our visit with a caffe gelato and amazing experience!


  
[Juliet's Abode]
[Dearest Juliet...]

[Sending my personal letter to Juliet]

[Romeo's Abode]
[What a way to end our day in Verona! (Photos by Lenda and Jerald)]

No comments:

Post a Comment