Monday, August 29, 2011

LUCCA Day 6: SWEET HONEY and 1ST FOUR- COURSE MEAL

I ate the rest of my calzone this morning together with the green grapes (very sweet and fresh) I bought yesterday. I came down to the 2nd floor lounge and noticed people looking up a hostel that we could stay in, while we're in Florence. Afterwards, the so-called "Team Roma" strolled pass through the village and passed " The Wall" to buy our train tickets (60€ each, as we got a 10% group discount) from Rome to Vicenza. "The Wall" surrounds the churches, shops, and even our Ostello previously mentioned in my blogs. 



[Anu, myself, and Maylena with the owner]
 
We went to a nearby honey shop and tasted mixed honeys. Bees were all over the place, yet I was surprised that no one got stung! I bought one jar of honey not made in the U.S. but from Italy's own acacia flowers. None of the Italian family's products have preservatives-- they're all made naturally! It's amazing!



We came back from the road trip with just enough time to take a siesta. My roommates and I were all knocked out! We then woke up a little past 7pm, so that we could get ready for our dinner dates with the whole group.



For dinner, the whole class gathered for an amazing, four-course Italian meal. I also had a glass of white wine.

[Course 1: Bruschettas with cherry tomatoes, pesto sauce & pecorino cheese, & olive oil]


[Course 2: Risotto with potatoes, carrots, and spices]

[Course 3: rare Steak with square, bite-size fried potatoes (sitting next to SeƱora Angela)]

[Course 4: Hazelnut gelato mixed with whipped cream, almond nuts,and cafe syrup]

Salute!

The ambiance was amazing (like at someone's own personal backyard), and the family members all worked well together to bring in our dishes. The company was great! I was sitting next to Senora Angela, and she talked about some of her struggles with her Italian culture and that of the US. I had a great time, and it was wonderful that we all got the chance to have dinner, just about a 10-minute walk away from the Ostello.

No comments:

Post a Comment